Tax Planning & Compliance
The relationship we build with you helps make each step of the financial planning process easier, including tax planning. We guide you through the process with an eye toward uncovering tax efficiencies that enhance your financial situation. We thoroughly analyze your income and investment structure to help you develop a balanced plan that incorporates the tax minimizing strategies that are most suitable for you.Learn More
- Prepare a projection of your future income and deductions to determine the proper level of withholding and anticipate cash needs.
- Develop an optimal tax payment schedule to help you maximize cash flow and the time value of money while avoiding underpayment penalties.
- Compare tax rates in sequential years to determine whether the acceleration or deferral of income or expenses is appropriate.
- Recommend strategies for reducing your taxes. We help you use tax law and its most recent interpretations to the best of your advantage, evaluating and implementing opportunities to reduce taxes through:
- Proper interest expense characterization
- Planning for capital gains/dividends
- Charitable giving strategies
- Tax-sheltered and tax-free investments
- Avoidance or reduction of the Alternative Minimum Tax
- Deferral/acceleration of income or deductions
- Planning purchase/sale transactions
- Deferred compensation utilization
- Formation of other legal entities, such as trusts or family partnerships
- Help you manage the tax process on an ongoing basis, by:
- Maintaining detailed tax records, for assets such as real estate and marketable security investments, to facilitate both planning and the preparation of yearly tax returns
- Preparing federal, state, and local income tax returns
- Responding to audits and other inquiries from governmental agencies